why cleaning your furnace AND DuCts matters
Cleaning the various components that feed your indoor air should be a routine part of your home maintenance. You wouldn’t go too long without vacuuming your carpet or laundering your bedding, right? That would negatively impact the cleanliness and healthfulness of your indoor environment (and let’s face it, it would be gross).
The same holds true for the cleaning of your home’s heating, ventilation, and duct systems, which contribute—albeit in a less visible manner—to the overall healthfulness and cleanliness of your home environment. In the case of your chimney and dryer vents, routine cleaning is important not only in terms of indoor air quality and overall system efficiency but more importantly to protect your family and home from two common causes of house fires.
Our HVAC cleaning services are all about keeping your home environment clean, healthy, and safe. Here are some of the benefits to you and your family of our air duct, furnace, chimney, and dryer vent cleaning services:
- increased air flow throughout the system, improving the efficiency of your furnace and air conditioner
- lower energy bills resulting from increased efficiency of your cleaned appliances
- decrease in the amount of contaminants (dust, dander, debris, pathogens, allergens, chemicals, dust mites, etc.) present in your indoor air
- decreased household odors from improved air flow and the removal of debris and contaminants
- potential amelioration of allergy symptoms from decreased presence of allergens and irritants
- decreased risk of house fire
- improved draft, providing free passage of smoke and fumes from your home
- extending the life of your appliances by improving air flow and reducing how hard they have to work to achieve the same result
- minimization of dust and debris entering furnace and clogging the unit
Want an HVAC cleaning primer? Visit our blog article, "HVAC Cleaning Basics: What, How, Why, When, and How Much."